Retreat is a school wide event (all students and staff attend) and it is required as those are counted as school days. It is a wonderful time of bonding, prayer, fellowship, and fun for our student body and faculty.
High School Speaker: TBD
Middle School Speaker: Cat Gartrell, Student Ministry at NorthStar Chruch, Kennesaw, GA
Important Information for Parents
- Students arrive at 10:30 AM, Tuesday, 10/2, and depart from DCS at 11:00 AM
- Students must bring a bag lunch as lunch is not provided.
- Students will be transported by coach contracted from "His Majesty Coach" Busses. We are not contracted to use the onboard restroom facilities – it's a short trip 1.5 hr trip to and from SharpTop Cove
All students must comply with DCS student handbook rules & retreat policies
- All medications prescribed for students must be released to DCS front office by Wednesday, 9/26. Retreat departure (10/2). Mrs. Jewell will distribute medication at Sharp Top.
- Please supply three (3) days dosage in the original prescription bottle with directions.
- "Permission to administer medication" form must be on file with DCS. Forms and medication must be turned in to the office by 9/26.
Dress Guidelines for Retreat
In addition to general school dress code standards of modesty, the follow dress guidelines must be followed:
- NO "Short" Shorts (Nike "style" athletic shorts are permissible). T-Shirts/Shirts may not be longer than, hide, or cover shorts.
- NO tight pants of any kind (Long or short pants), spandex, yoga pants, compression, tight jeans are not allowed. Pants must properly fit according to school policy.
- NO tank tops (Boys or Girls).
- NO halter, spaghetti straps, shoulder less tops.
- Undergarments are not to be visible.
- Swim wear must be modest - Boys and girls (Girls must be covered with a dark tee-shirt. Boys must wear gym short styled swim wear.)
- NO clothing with holes in them.
- NO revealing clothing of any kind. (Tight, Holes, See through, Length etc.)
- Sharp Top Cove: 706.692.5635
- Lisa Stansel, Retreat Coordinator, email@example.com
- Michael Lightner, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Jewell, email@example.com
- David Raines, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday Arrival Time Back to DCS: All students will arrive back to DCS campus on Thursday between noon and 1:00 pm. The school will be closed for the afternoon. Students should be picked up at 12:30pm.
Monday, October 1 – NO SCHOOL (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
Friday, October 5 – NO SCHOOL