Sign up for FREE now!
Georgia Qualified Education Expense Credit
It is a blessing to serve the students of DCS. Each day our students are challenged academically, and inspired spiritually to walk in the love and truth of God's Word. This year we have 16 students at DCS as a result of the Faith First GA (FFG) School Scholarship Fund. (www.faithfirstga.org)
The Faith First GA Scholarship Fund provides tuition scholarships to children who desire to attend private K-12 schools. Only students who are Georgia residents enrolled in a Georgia secondary or primary public school or who are eligible to enroll in a qualified kindergarten program or pre-kindergarten program can receive GOAL Scholarships.
How does participating in the Faith First GA program benefit DCS families?
- It frees up existing financial aid to be directed toward current DCS families in need.
- It improves school wide enrollment and helps keep tuition costs down.
- It gives you, the taxpayer, an opportunity to decide how to spend Georgia income tax dollars (which you are already paying).
Who is eligible?
If you currently pay Georgia state income taxes you are eligible to redirect state income tax dollars to Faith First GA Scholarship Fund for DCS. The amounts you can redirect are as follows: • Married, filing jointly: any amount up to $2,500.00 per tax year.
- Individual filing: any amount up to $1,000.00 per tax year.
- C-Corporations: any amount up to 75% of total tax liability.
How do I participate? Participation is EASY! Just follow these three steps:
- Simply fill out the attached form (IT-QEE-TP1) and send it to:
Georgia Department of Revenue Qualified
Education Expense Credit 1
800 Century Blvd, NE Suite 8301
Atlanta, GA 30345
The department then has 30 days to send you your preapproval for the donation. If filing jointly, include both spouses' Tax ID's (SS#). Be certain to sign page 2 of the form (only one signature required).
- Once you receive preapproval, you then have 60 days to donate to the Faith First GA. In order to qualify for the credit, your donation must be post-marked by December 31.
- Make your donation to Faith First GA by check and mail to:
Faith First GA, Inc.
1000 Whitlock Avenue Suite 320, PMB 345
Marietta, GA 30064
Send a copy of the returned preapproval form along with your donation to Faith First Georgia/GCSSF.
Make sure you list Dominion Christian Schools in the memo line of your check. After receiving your donation - Faith First GA will then send you a donation receipt and a form (IT-QEE-SSO1) which you will attach to your state and federal return. It is just that simple!
Joe Bradley, Headmaster